Monday, October 1, 2012

Mixed Stitch Crochet Blanket Update


I'm still working on the Mixed Stitch Blanket Crochet Along.   You aren't seeing triple.   I have started over for the third time.   I wasn't happy with the cluster row (the one that has the zig-zag line through the middle of it).




It doesn't really show in the photo, but the triple crochets aren't flat and make the blanket look puckered along that section.  


In between the first and second start, I chained 38 and started working on a mixed stitch pillow top.  That right edge looks pretty jagged and will definitely need some kind of border.  



Then I decided to order Basic Crochet Stitches by Erika Knight.  Several of the stitches that are in the crochet along come from this book.  



I found out that I wasn't doing the treble crochet the right way.  I have always done just one yarn over, but when I do it this way, the blanket lays nearly flat.  That was worth the price of the book.




I'm not sure what I'll do with the first two pieces that I've started.  Any ideas??????


I hope you have some time to take a few stitches today.

Thanks for visiting!


2 comments:

  1. Hi LuAnn!

    I am an editor of AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns and we are updating our system. I would love to feature your patterns on my site with full credit to you. I know my readers would just love it and in return would generate some nice traffic to your site. If you agree and would like us to feature your project, our readers will simply click the link to your blog to get your full tutorial. It's really that simple.

    I see you have lots of great patterns on your site and I would be interested in featuring even more! If you are interested in featuring more projects with links to your site, I can create a nice bio page for you as well as one of my Featured Crochet Designers. This page will include your bio and links to your site as well as any social media you would like to promote.

    My site is part of Prime Publishing and we publish 19 cooking and crafting web sites. We have over 3.5 million active e-mail subscribers and about 10 million page views per week. You can learn more about us at www.primecp.com.

    Please let me know if you would like to get started. Just a reply to this e-mail is all it takes.

    Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you!



    Nicola Trumbull, Editor
    ntrumbull@primecp.com
    Prime Publishing LLC
    3400 Dundee Road
    Northbrook, IL 60062
    847-205-9375 Main | 847-513-6099 Fax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you have chosen. So pretty.
    I have this book too. Love it!
    Happy New Year!
    ��

    ReplyDelete

Print This Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10