Sunday, October 14, 2012

Squeaky



Our cat Squeaky died on Friday morning while we were on our way back from vacation.  She had
a runny nose before we left and was on an antibiotic.  She had almost stopped eating so my son took her to the vet on Thursday per our request to stay and be treated until we got back home.  She seemed to be doing okay, and then Friday morning the vet called to say she had stopped breathing on her own.

Squeaky was a little over 8 years old, and had spent 7 of those years here with us.  When our daughter moved to Huntsville, Alabama, for a job, she took Squeaky to live with her and then kept her in Lafayette, IN, for two years while she did Master's work at Purdue.  The two of them were best buddies.  Squeaky always came along on Kim's visits here, and she was a big part of our family.  The two of them have lived here since last December.





The house is so quiet.  She was always in someone's lap or watching the squirrels or birds or the leaves blowing outside.  Squeaky seemed better on Sunday morning when we left.  I can hardly believe that we came home to an empty house and that she won't be coming back.




Squeaky, we will always love you and miss you.


 
I try to keep my blog to happy subject matter...quilts, yarn projects, holidays, etc., but today my heart just aches.

Sorry to double post.  This post is also over on my Loose Threads blog.  I know I have had a couple of questions from readers about my Granny Stripe Afghan pattern, and I will get busy on a new sample and more photos in the next day or so.

Thanks for visiting.  

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. Our pets add so much to our lives. Prayers for comfort to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Print This Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10