Friday, December 14, 2012

Easy Crocheted Hexagon Christmas Tree Skirt

This is a tree skirt that I made for our family room tree years ago.  I think this was before I knew much about matching yarn dye lots.  This is really a simple pattern, and it is quick to work.  I also have a couple of these tree skirts in off white glitter yarn that I use under two of my other trees.

 

Worsted weight yarn  (about  15 ounces)  I'm not really sure that I used that much.
Size I crochet hook  (I usually just use whatever the skein of yarn calls for)

Round 1:
Chain 27
Double crochet in the 4th chain from the hook;  *in next chain work (DC, chain 1, DC) (for the corners); double crochet in each of the next 3 chains; repeat from * four times; then work (DC, chain 1, DC) in next chain, double crochet in each of the last 2 chains, chain 3 turn.  Now that is the hard part..... (I tried to count the chains

Rounds 2-???
Skip 1st double crochet, double crochet in each double crochet around, working (DC, chain 1, DC) in each chain 1 space from the previous row.  Chain 3 and turn at the end.

Keep going until the skirt is the size you want.  For my big tree I did 46 rounds.  For smaller trees I did 30 rounds.

Happy crocheting.  If you have any questions email me at lakrug@comcast.net.  This is a really quick pattern, and I have made it many times.

I hope you are almost ready for Christmas and that you take time to at least pick up your hooks a bit each day.

Thanks for stopping by today!   




6 comments:

  1. This christmas tree skirt looks great. The colors look like a christmas tree without a tree on it. I like it.
    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I love the christmas colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh LuAnn!!! Precioso trabajo, los colores muy navideños... Saludos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am following this pattern and my ends of the rows do not look straight. It looks like a wedge is missing. What did I do wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't answer your email because you are set as a no reply blogger. I'm working on a tutorial for this Christmas tree skirt with photos so hopefully that will answer your question.

      Delete

Print This Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10